.icu Is The Best Choice for Twitch and YouTube Users Because You Should Own Your Brand
Be Seen With .icu!
Did you know that there are more than 2.2 million streamers on Twitch and every minute there is more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube?
Using a .icu helps you stand out from the crowd:
- .icu is fun, social and engaging
- Using a custom domain gives you control of what your followers see
- Build a simple live stream page or customize it with ads, events and more using our free website builder!
Tell us what .icu domain will change your world below:
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
What is .icu?
.icu is a new domain extension that was launched in May 2018. Similar to .com, .net or .edu there are over 850 domain extensions live on the internet. .icu stands for “I See You” and people from all backgrounds and interests are starting to register and use short, memorable .icu domain names.
What else do I need besides a domain name?
In order to have a live functioning site there are a few options ranging from 1 minute of work to a few hours or more.
- Forwarding is the easiest and quickest way to get online. You can simply forward your .icu domain to an existing web page, like the one you stream games on or a channel that you post videos.
- Using a sitebuilder is the easiest way to have your own website, and is convenient when you need to make changes. You can use a site builder like Weebly to build a web page. Using this option you can embed a live feed or a channel feed and then showcase things like a calendar, sell merchandise or other relevant things to viewers of your page. Weebly is also great if you do want to sell anything becasue they have a fully integrated e-commerce system that helps you list, and then track orders.
- If you are a developer and know all about coding and servers you can go somewhere like HostGator, Rackspace or Amazon Web Services to build a site from scratch. These services give you the most flexibility if you want full control however they also take the most time and knowledge to build and launch.
Outside of the above ‘website’ portion of your site you may want:
- An SSL Certificate. Have you noticed the green lock on the top on this page and other pages that you visit? Google ranks pages that are secure higher and visitors trust secure pages more. SSL certificates can be purchased alone from companies like Comodo or in tandem with your domain purchase at your preferred registrar.
- Social Media Accounts, You probably have this already but if not it is great to have a social account that matches your domain so visitors recognize your brand across multiple platforms.
Who are you?
We are the .icu registry. We actually own the .icu domain extension and sell it to end users (like you!) through registrars. You can find a list of registrars that sell .icu domains here.
How do i get my .icu domain name?
The form above sends your information to the .icu registry. We don’t give it to anyone, promise! What we will do is send you a customized email showing the availability of your primary choice, perhaps some other options and then a list of registrars where you can register this domain.
How do I get my .icu domain?
The form above sends your info to the .icu registry.
YouTube and Twitch statistics came from: